Tuesday, March 24, 2009

With Love, From Ryan

So, I always complain about not getting flowers. Ryan has gotten them for me 3 times. The first time was on our one year anniversary. How sweet! The second was even better...he sent them to work! And they were so pretty....everyone stopped and looked at them all the time! The last time he got me flowers, was maybe for my 21st birthday? Well, he got them from trader joe's, and they died within 2 days. What a disaster!

Since then, I've been bugging him about getting me flowers, telling him how happy they make me! But with each anniversary and Valentine's Day, it's a Flower Fail! This past Valentine's Day was the worst, because his brother kept bringing up the fact that he got his girlfriend flowers. So I was sad.

Well, of course, I was NOT expecting them for my birthday! But when Ryan showed up at my door on Friday, he was holding these beautiful flowers!



Ok, so my camera is not the greatest at taking flower pictures, but they are so pretty, I swear! I just wish I could have them at work so I could show them off to more people (hint hint -- although he doesn't read this, so I guess the hint is pointless!).

So really, flowers make me ridiculously happy...like I forgot that I also got my "real" present from him! Of course, my mom made me wait until the next day to open it. But, I can say for the very first time, that I was truly, 100% surprised!



My very own pink Kitchen Aid mixer!!! Oh, I am sooo excited to use this thing! Definitely expect many posts about my baking adventures, which are sure to come! Can't wait =)


2 comments:

Alex ♔ said...

aw i didn't know about the flowers.. too bad the camera doesn't do them justice but they're still super pretty! & the mixer is sooo cute!! i don't even bake but all the colored ones in crate & barrel make me want one!!

Angry Anne said...

I want a lime green one!

Can you make me something with chocolate in it for Easter when I visit? YAY!