Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I knew this was coming...

I just didn't think it would be so soon! Well, you may recall the first time Ryan and I went house hunting. A couple of weeks ago, Ryan's friend, who will be starting full time at Chevron at the end of May, came to visit Bako to look at houses. The weekend before he came, Ryan and I decided to check out some of the places he was looking at. He really did his research, and if we thought the first houses we looked at were a good deal, these ones were even better!! Seriously...I can't even describe how insanely "cheap" these places were.

Well, the one we completely LOVED is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. I took a few pictures. It's hard to get a really good idea of what it looks like, because unlike the houses we looked at the first time around, this one was not set-up and furnished.

This is probably my favorite part...the master "suite" with a fireplace!

So, as you can see, when we went to visit the house, they were working on it. Fixing it up a bit, to make it look much nicer! One of the reasons I loooved this place is because it has 2 fireplaces!

You can see the kitchen area in the picture above. It really is quite large! Why I didn't take a picture of it, I have no idea. Sometimes I do dumb things (or don't do smart things).

So there you have it, the house Ryan and I looked at about a month ago. And why am I showing you this? Well, because we're buying it!!!

Or should I say, Ryan's buying it. The cost is SOOO great, that it just doesn't make sense for me to contribute to the down payment (for various reasons). AND, the mortgage payment is actually LOWER than what he's paying now for his apartment (well, when you take into account the tax incentives). He's been approved for the loan!! As long as the home passes the inspection (and there really shouldn't be any problems...it was built in 2005), it's ours (his)!

So now what? Well, I'm still in school, so it doesn't make sense for me to move down there right now. Plus, it will take a little while for Ryan to get settled in (he has until the beginning of June to get out of his apartment, so the timing actually works out pretty well). So my plan.....is to move down there in the beginning of July. Yep. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but the opportunity came up, and it just makes sense for me to go down there.

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks, and have just recently decided that it is worth it for me to go down. My main concern was school. After June, I'll only have 1 more quarter, so I definitely want to finish. Well, it just so happens that by taking a class (my project class) this quarter instead of in the fall, I can get away with taking my last two classes online. I already know one of the classes I'm taking in the fall, and I've already talked to the professor about it (I took a class from him last quarter, and he's really understanding about it all).

The other thing is...my job. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. I know that at least a couple of you who read this have done a bit in the job searching arena, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm seriously really excited to be able to do this! I've been wanting a change, and so it's my chance to do something I wouldn't normally do, and see how it all works out. I feel like I've been "playing it safe" and I want to see what else is out there. So for once, I really don't know how this is all going to turn out, but it's something I feel like I have to do for myself, and I really hope it works out for the better =)

3 comments:

Dannelle said...

O.M.G. yay!!!! i'm so excited for you!!! and i can't believe a) your'e actually doing it; b) it's so soon!!!! at least we'll be close still!!

lisa marie said...

can this be april fool's plz??? DON'T LEAVE!

Dannelle said...

wait....was this april fool's?