Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas!!

Okay seriously...Christmas was 2 weeks ago, and I'm not really close to finishing Ryan's calendar. I do have a few pages to show, but most of them aren't completely done yet. And honestly, if I have time (although I doubt I will) I want to redo a couple of them. I just wasn't very inspired for some of these, and I don't know why!! I think Michael's just didn't have as many cool things as I wanted. Hmmm, oh well! Ok, so without further ado, I present to you the 5 pages that I've worked on:

1. December...I think? This one is the first one I did, and it's kind of plain, but I like it more and more each time I see it. Whatever, I can live with it! I just need to find a good title for this one...
Oh, and in case you can't really tell, the thing in the middle (and the one on the bottom) is a ribbon with "pearls" on it. It's inspired by the beautiful necklace I'm wearing in the pictures!



2. June! Graduation! I like this one....I think the ribbon looks pretty (oh, I love ribbon, by the way! It look a lot of self-control to keep myself from using ribbon on every page).


3. April or May. I do not like this one, and I'm definitely going to redo it if I have time! It's unfortunate that I chopped up the pictures so much, because I'm going to have to print more!



4. July...even though this was in Vegas for Ryan's 21st, which was in June. Oh well, graduation wins and got to be June instead!


5. March - snowboarding in Reno! Yay, it's the black and white one! Anyway, this is the one that's the closest to being done. I already have the title picked out, AND (this is a little something extra that I decided to do) it has a short line from the lyrics! The only thing that is missing is something a little extra by the title. I have these really cute stamps I want to use, and I bought a silver stamp pad, but when I tested it out, it was not turning out at all. I'm going to have to keep trying....any ideas?


Ok, so I still have to add the lyrics to the rest of the pages, so if it looked like each one kind of had a blank space, that's why! I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it...some will be printed, some will be handwritten and some will be "sizzixed" (like the one above).

I still have a long way to go, but I'm hoping to get a few more pages done this weekend, so I'll keep you all posted!

3 comments:

lisa marie said...

i like b & w the best!!!!!

Angry Anne said...

not that I'm an expert, but I like that April slash May one!!

Unknown said...

OMG i am OBSESSED with March.. I LOVE the lyrics idea (also, does ryan check your blog, bc he shouldn't be allowed to see the pages yet).. I want to Scrap and sizzix!!!