Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scrapbook, Part II

So my original plan for Ryan's calendar was to be done by last weekend, but that didn't exactly happen. I tried my hardest to get the pages done, but there was just no way (I already had a ton of schoolwork, and I had been staying at work a little later than normal). However, I was able to finish 4 more pages over the last two weeks! Ok, well I didn't exactly finish them, but I definitely did most of the work! In case you forgot what I've already done, take a look here, at the first 5 pages. And now, here are the next 4 pages:

6. October, Wine Tasting in Russian River Valley

This was our anniversary trip in 2007. We went to the RRV and did some wine tasting!! Yum! Anyway, I chose the song "Whatever You Like" by T.I. because I wanted some variety on this CD I'm going to give him! And trust me, this song is soooo much different than all of the other songs! Luckily, he has recently taken a liking to this song, haha. Anyway, this page is a little plain, but I do like it, and I think the quote works out quite nicely (although I'm talking about bottles of wine, NOT patron!).

7. September, Kern County Fair
As you can probably tell, I'm not quite finished with this one. BUT, I know he'll love it, because he is obsessed with this song. It's an old one by Buck Owens and Dwight Yoakam. He was so happy to hear a song about his beloved Bakersfield. Haha, and this page worked out, because we were in Bakersfield, enjoying the county fair!! I'm not quite sure how I am going to lay out the rest of the page, but I will be sure to include the final product in my calendar review! Oh and I just want to make a comment about how much I like the background paper! So, I am going to try to keep as much of it uncovered as possible....

8. May, Baseball Games!

So, Dannelle totally got me into sewing! I have used this technique before, but kind of forgot how doable it is....although it does take a long time! I only used it a little bit on this page (see the two large circles?). Anyway, I like this page, even though the pink may be a little girly. Oh well, he'll live! I like how the whole thing is circles!!

9. November, Tahoe

This was our latest anniversary trip, to Tahoe! We saw a gorgeous sunset on the beach, and I kind of wanted to think of those pinks and oranges, but I decided not to make those the main colors of the page. I used them in the title, which I love! I also decided to use buttons (Buttons Chung!) on this one, because I found some that worked well with the color scheme. What do you think? Oh, and the buttons took FOREVER to put on, because I had to sew each and every one onto that paper! ahh!

So there you are, the second installment of Ryan's 2009 calendar. My new goal is to have it finished by January 29, which is the next time I'll see him. I have to start and finish the last 3 pages, as well as put all of the final touches on each of the other 9 pages. Also, I have to make a (simple) front and back cover! Wish me luck! I'll definitely keep you all updated!

2 comments:

Angry Anne said...

OBVI "whatever you like" is the best page!! I'm glad ryan enjoys my favorite song :)

Alex ♔ said...

the last 2 are my fave!!!!!! so cutez