Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Watching Weight?

Ok, so I really like food, so for me to lose weight, I've always decided that I would rather work out more, and then be able to eat the same amount. Well that doesn't quite work out...for a couple of reasons. One, I don't work out very often. I'm always so tired after work, and I never feel like it, and I just don't have time! Two, I eat more even though I'm not working out, because I am planning on working out. So anyway, I have bought into SEVERAL gimmicks...that may or may not work. I don't really know, because the truth is, I just can't get myself to do
anything! Here are a couple of my most recent ventures...

Slim in Six.
I don't even remember what the title means...but I know it doesn't mean 6 minutes...maybe 6 weeks? months? years? who knows. Anyway, the only thing I really used from this was the 11 minute ab routine, which I would often do in lieu of going to the gym. Probably not the best idea, and I never did it regularly enough to see results. Oh, and do you want another fun fact? This thing wasn't cheap, and I accidentally purchased two. I don't know, my browser was slow or something, and I guess I clicked the "buy" button twice. All I know is that I was charged double, received double, and then somehow managed to miss the "return by" deadline. Anyone interested in buying my extra copy?







10 minute training.
This one is hysterical. The guy is a doof, and really, it's NOT easy!! It's 10 minutes...I guess. They have a 10 minute program for legs, abs, total body, maybe arms? I don't really know. I've tried the legs and abs one, but it really is hard. I have never finished the abs one because one of the moves requires you to prop yourself up using only one hand, and I have horrible wrists. It killed my wrists to do this, and so the two times I tried, I stopped at that point. The leg one....very hard! And I thought my legs were strong! I guess if I did it more than a few times, it would have been okay. The problem is, my legs were so sore for the next few days, I couldn't even try again. Another bust!



Making the Cut.

Okay, actually, I didn't mean to buy this one. I got it off of amazon, and I meant to buy the workout DVD (below), but accidentally got this book. I mean, they look so similar! Anyway, instead of returning it, I thought it would be good to use the recipes in the book. Nope, never did. In fact, I didn't even really look at the recipes yet. I'll have to take a look at these during my weekly cook-offs!





30-Day Shred.
I saw this on weddingbee, and everyone said it was like the best thing ever! It's the trainer from The Biggest Loser, so I thought....if fat people can do it, so can I!! It's about 20ish minutes long, and I've done the easiest one a few times. It isn't too hard, but it's not all that easy. I think part of the reason is because I was using 5 pound weights....but I now have my 3 pound weights back, so I'll have to try it with those. I just kind of feel like I'm not getting a great workout, but I don't know! Maybe I should stick with it!!



Has anyone else tried one of these? Has anything worked? Lemme know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HIII its Mich :) and i'm currently killing time before my test! but this is sooo funny.. i didn't know you bought all those things! AND i am now obsessed with Biggest Loser.. i saw the premiere on tuesday and it was so fun. anyway, i wish we lived in the same place because i would make us go to TKB! I really want to go but i'm too embarassed to go by myself!

Alex ♔ said...

Hahah these are all really funny.. especially the man. I want to try them with you sometime!

Kristin said...

hahaha, yeah, we should have a party and do some of these....the guy is pretty funny in one of the workouts, but i forget which one. probably the legs...? he is just very odd....you'll see!