Sunday, November 30, 2008

The First One About Scrapbooking....

So I realized that the title of my blog is a little misleading, because I haven't written anything about scrapbooking!! One of the main reasons is because I just haven't had time to spend on scrapbooking. I'm thinking that once this quarter is over, I'll have some more time (I hope!). Anyway, the last big project I worked on was for my boyfriend, Ryan. I made him a calendar for Christmas....in 2006. Yikes, that was almost 2 years ago. I've done a teeny bit since then....I am currently making a small (10 pages) scrapbook for my mom as a gift for someone, but it's a lot more simple than the stuff I usually do, because I don't really know what she likes. So I'm not really going to count that, since I haven't really been using my full scrapbooking potential!

Ok, so, I made him a calendar, and it took FOREVER! It was so much work because I had to think so hard about what each page would look like, and make sure the colors weren't the same throughout the whole thing, and all that stuff. I was really proud of my work, and he really liked (likes) it, so I promised to make him another one this Christmas, but I haven't actually started. I'm starting to get worried because I have to think of completely new ideas for this calendar. When I made the calendar two years ago, I played a lot with the "theme" of certain months. Therefore, this year, I probably won't want to do much of that, because they'll look the same!! For this post, I'll show the first 6 months of the 2007 calendar:

1. January


Ok, so we will always have some sort of snow pictures. It's inevitable. I will definitely be using snow pictures again, but I'll have to be more creative with the colors and design. This is doubly important because unlike most events, all of our skiing/snowboarding pictures feature us in the exact same outfits!!! So I need to make sure this year's snow month (not necessarily January) does not have the typical snow colors and snow accessories. But, I do love this one...you can't really tell, but the vellum makes it soooo pretty =)

2. February

Guess the theme. Yep, Valentine's Day. The pictures weren't actually from Valentine's Day, but I decided to play up the theme anyway. I figured it was the best way to sneak a lot of pink into the calendar, without it seeming too girly.

3. March

Hmmm....what holiday falls in March (besides my birthday)? St. Patrick's Day!!! I totally played up this theme. One of the reasons I was so theme-heavy is because we had a lot of random pictures...I liked them, but there was no good way to tie them all together.

4. April

Probably my least favorite page. I thought it would turn out a lot better. I like the colors, I like the stars with the little gems, but the page layout just isn't doing it for me. Oh, I also think the title is pretty cute =) I don't really remember the order I did these in, but I'm guessing this was one of the last ones and I was trying to think of something cute and different. Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

5. May

I love this one!! Ok, I do remember that this is the first one I did. I got inspiration by looking at some layouts online, and just loved how the pictures worked with this one. The pictures are from a trip to Yosemite and a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. So pretty!!!

6. June

Summer-themed!!! Another way to sneak in those girly colors. I really like this one, just because it's so colorful! Again, kind of random pictures, but they all were taken during the summer!! I promise!

So there you have it: the first 6 months. Stay tuned for the rest of the 2007 calendar!!

2 comments:

Angry Anne said...

sometimes I wish I was artistic... but that just takes too much time and money :)

Alex ♔ said...

hey just because someone isn't a scrapbooker, doesn't mean they're not artistic, MANLISH!! or rather, you don't have to scrapbook to be artistic.

but loves it !!