Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas!!

My favorite time of the year!! It's officially December, and I can't wait until all of the Christmas decorations start going up! I walked into work this morning, and they have a huge tree set up down in the lobby =)

Anyway, I got to my desk, and there was an envelope waiting for me. I opened it up, and found that one of my coworkers had given me a Christmas card!! My very first one, EVER! But now I'm wondering....am I supposed to hand out Christmas/holiday cards? And if so, who gets one? My family hasn't exactly been the best example, since we've probably only sent Christmas cards 5 times, out of the 22 Christmases I've had.

So now I'm stuck. What's the etiquette here? And when should I hand them out? I just realized that some people probably don't celebrate Christmas, so should I make sure the cards are out before Hanukkah starts? I'm pretty sure it starts only a few days before Christmas this year, but what if it starts in the beginning of Decemeber? Oh, and what I would really love to do is make the cards! But I just don't think I'll have time for that. What is everyone else doing?

3 comments:

Angry Anne said...

I totally want to send out christmas cards!!! good idea, I better get on that...

Alex ♔ said...

you can do a happy holidays card.. to be religiously ambiguous!! haha. & just make it pretty snow/snowflake/glitter/rhinestone themed. haha.

Unknown said...

i wouldn't worry about it. i'm not doing cards if that helps haha.