Friday, December 26, 2008

Are you engaged?

Nope, are you?

So I meant to write about this a couple of weeks ago, but just like Alex, I've been horrible at updating!! I am also going to "blame" Lisa's arrival in America.
Anyway, for my anniversary present this year, Ryan got me a really pretty ring that I picked out! I had been wanting an aquamarine (my birthstone) ring for a while, and so I got one! The only problem is that for our anniversary two years ago, he also got me a ring! And it's also really pretty. Here's a picture:


So, I don't really want to replace my other ring, with my new ring. My first solution was to trade off each day, and wear a different ring. Oh, I should point out that both are "sized" to fit my ring finger, on my right hand (ok, so the ring I just got was supposed to be sized, but I kind of think they didn't do it, because it's pretty big on my finger still. Even still, I can barely slide it on my middle finger, and if I do, it looks bad because my "finger fat" squeezes out, haha). My mom suggested that I just wear one of them on my left hand...hmm, ok, I guess I could do that! So I now wear my new ring on my right hand, and my other ring on my left hand, on the ring finger. Since I have misplaced my camera, I don't have a picture of my actual ring, but I found one on the internet that looks very similar. Except for some reason, the stone looks a little greenish, but they say it's an aquamarine...


The aquamarine is large, and to me, it kind of looks like an engagement ring. Even though the aquamarine is light, it still doesn't look like a diamond (it's no where near as sparkly), but not everyone wants or has an engagement ring with a diamond as the center stone! I was kind of expecting people (at work, at school, etc) to ask if I was engaged! I mean, at first glance, it kind of looks like I am (I think)! I was actually complaining how no one has asked me -- while we were having our first weekly "girls night out" (when's the next one??) -- and the bartender became the first person to ask, but only because I prompted her!

Anyway, I had someone at work ask me today, and I had to explain that I wasn't, and how I wanted to wear both rings. I'm pretty sure she thought I was being silly, and that I shouldn't be wearing both...at least not if one is going to be on my left hand. What do you all think? Have you ever worn a ring on your left ring finger when you weren't engaged or married? Am I crazy to want to wear both of these beautiful rings? I sure hope not...

2 comments:

Alex ♔ said...

NO, i don't think you're silly - the only 2 rings that I haven't lost only fit my ring fingers, & i've had several people ask if i'm married - & mine looks NOTHING like an engagement/wedding ring. people might ask you but i don't think people will frequently just assume that you are - & who doesn't want an excuse to talk about your beautiful new ring?!?!

Angry Anne said...

you guys are having weekly girls nights out?! jealy :(