Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let's scrapbook...on the computer!

What?? That's what I said, when my good friend Michka introduced the world of digital scrapbooking (digi-scrap) to me! She's made some wonderful creations! Using pictures, digital paper and embellishments, and photoshop, you can make your 12" x 12" pages on the computer! What a concept. I'm still not completely sold on this, but I think it's mainly because I haven't had the time to really explore all of its wonderfulness. I did make one page, which I will share in a bit. Just note that I downloaded a bunch of junk from random sites, and I made this while on the 6-hour Amtrak train ride from Oakland to Bakersfield. So, I did not have the ability to download anything extra, and had to work with what I had!

As I see it, there are some pros and cons. The pros include the ability to change things very easily and there's no mess. But there is something I love about getting out all of my paper and tools and turning my room (or Michelle's living room slash family room) into scrapbooking heaven! Also, there's just something about the 3-D quality of the embellishments that gets lost when you use a computer. Oh yeah, and one of my favorite colors, sparkle (haha), doesn't exactly shine as brightly as it should when it's on the computer.

So, right now I prefer the old school way of scrapbooking, but I will definitely keep trying out digi-scrapping! Ok, so here's my first try:


Ok, so I guess it was kind of fun to make. But photoshop can be pretty frustrating, and it's really really time consuming!! I think once I re-teach myself how to use all of the cool tools on photoshop, digi-scraping will take less time, and I'll be able to make beautiful pages!

4 comments:

Alex ♔ said...

hahha i got really confused when i saw the "fall" thing & then the "let it snow" thing.. i was like.. ok is this just all random bc that's what you had on hand? but then i realized that the flowers were supposed to be SPRING.. & now i understand the 4 seasons. cute!! hahah. i also prefer the look of "in-person" pages.. but this would be cool if u did like a digital scrapbook on your personal webpage.

Kristin said...

ahh yes, perhaps i should have mentioned that the title of the page is "seasons" haha.

Angry Anne said...

so, is this free? that would definitely be a pro!

Kristin said...

good point mary! everything I used is free, but they have MUCH better things that you have to pay for. If Mich would ever stop by and read, she could share her experiences. I know that she's paid for some stuff....