Friday, December 5, 2008

The rest of the calendar

I've already showed you the first 6 months of the calendar, so here is the rest! Oh, and I forgot to mention in my previous post that I did not take these pictures...so I'm sorry for the not-so-great quality.

7. July

Yet another themed page. I believe Mich and I were shopping, when we decided that I should go "all out" for this page. And that's exactly what I did! Haha, ok actually, I think I was considering buying a piece of paper with a huge flag on it. So I guess I didn't go ALL out, but it was still pretty out there! I was just thinking about it, and me and Ryan have never been together on the 4th of July. But even still, I felt the need to decorate the page as if we were watching fireworks. Very festive!


8. August

I think this one is super cool. I'm not sure how easy it is to tell, but I ripped up a bunch of pieces of paper, and then glued them to make the design. Cool, huh? And I like the black and white photos. I'll probably do one of the new pages with black and white photos, but I haven't even thought about which one.

9. September

I also love this one!! It's simple, but that makes it look so clean. I think my favorite part about it is the title. The font fits this page so perfectly!! And these are pretty much the only cheerleading pictures I have of myself.

10. October

I really like this one!! I love the pictures, especially the sunset one! I love the ribbons, and the leaves, and the colors. But it's so autumn-y. Which I love! But it's another themed page. So I'll have to stay away from these colors in my Oct/Nov pages, even though I'll be so tempted!

11. November

I'm not too crazy about November. It's from our trip to Carmel, so I think the background paper is pretty cool because Carmel is actually on the map! I guess it's okay. The main thing is that these are really the only 3 pictures we took during the trip. I'm not really sure why. So, I just wasn't able to come up with anything super creative.

12. December

This one is...eh, it's okay. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like it. It's kind of festive, so I'm thinking that for the new calendar, I won't have December be a Christmas-themed page. In fact, I'm going to stay away from all of the holidays this year.

So overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my work. Not the best ever, and it doesn't look super professional, but it was really fun to make! Now, stay tuned, because I am going to need some recommendations for the next calendar!

4 comments:

Alex ♔ said...

haha i'm very impressed with your frequent updates considering your busy schedule.. but i suppose you're multitasking? haha
anyway, these sound interesting..!! i'm not a huge fan of cranberry sauce but i'd be willing to try it!! though it would be hard to sacrifice any ingredients for the leftover sandwiches my dad makes.

Alex ♔ said...

oops, i didn't realize i posted a comment on the wrong entry. sorry! hahah. you update too fast for me, i can't keep track.

Unknown said...

you did an awesome job with the calendar!

Samantha said...

I LOVE the calendar! Did you do that the old fashioned way? or online? I love it.. very cute idea.